ubuntu-image 0.7ubuntu1

Barry Warsaw barry at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 10 19:55:00 UTC 2016

On Oct 07, 2016, at 11:55 AM, Oliver Grawert wrote:

>does it include my "WIGGLEROOM" patch from [1] or a properly crafted
>cmdline option to achieve the same, so we can define the extra space
>needed for kvm images ?

It doesn't, but I'd like to find a better way to specify additional padding,
especially because we've already got a hard-coded hack to add 8MiB to the
rootfs.  We also add an additional 50% in the calculation.  I don't like hacks
upon hacks. ;)

I suppose I can justify some heuristics to account for the overhead of ext4
(although I'd like to remove the in-source hard-coding), but maybe it makes
better sense to define the fudge factors in the gadget.yaml?  This would mean
adding something like a rootfs-size (and bootfs-size?) option to the volume
subkeys.

I've opened this feature request bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-image/+bug/1632085

Please comment here with any additional information or suggestions.

Cheers,
-Barry