ubuntu-image 0.7ubuntu1

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 11 15:01:32 UTC 2016

hi,
On Di, 2016-10-11 at 10:53 -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> Let me ask this: would you prefer a cli option/envar over declaring
> it in the
> gadget.yaml, and if so, why?  My problem with the cli/envar is that
> it hides
> the configuration in your shell history, instead of declaring it up
> front in
> the yaml file.  The latter allows you to point to an image and say,
> "this was
> created with that gadget.yaml" and be done with it, without also
> having to
> specify the particular magic you used to run the tool.

defining it in the gadget would be rather awful since that means if we
use an identical image for cloud, VM  and "normal PC install" we would
need a gadget per image just for that one difference ... (the pc image
that you can use for all three consists of: pc (gadget, pc-kernel
(obviously kernel) and core (rootfs).

also not every cloud provider or VM user might want to use the same
basic size so they would also need their own gadgets that set the image
size here, i think that makes it to complex, thus i would rather go
with a commandline option to the build tool.

ciao
	oli