ubuntu-image 0.7ubuntu1

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 12 17:03:32 UTC 2016

hi,
On Mi, 2016-10-12 at 12:48 -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> The "size" that Ogra wants to control is the generated disk image
> file size,
> not the size of any particular partition within that disk
> image.  IOW, it's
> the size of the file that gets written to from the --output/-o option
> of u-i.

yes, exactly ... and i'd be happy with either a --padding option
(the 'fudge factor' as steve called it) or a --size option that would
define the actual final img size.

the first one puts the math on me, the second means you need to do the
calculation.

the latter is indeed a lot more user friendly but i'd even be happy
with the first one for now which is trivial to implement (you could
just extend my WIGGLEROOM patch by a proper cmdline option)...

ciao
	oli