ubuntu-image 0.7ubuntu1

Barry Warsaw barry at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 13 16:31:48 UTC 2016

On Oct 13, 2016, at 04:48 AM, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:

>Seems to me that the gadget.yaml should specify both actual sizes for
>the various partitions in the image, *and* expected resizing behavior on
>first boot. No need for magic filesystem sizing guesses, a human writes
>gadget.yaml and that would be explicit.

I agree, and LP: #1633141 on both snappy and ubuntu-image should track this
work.

In the meantime, to unblock ogra and others working to build images today, I
have a pull request to add the --image-size option to the ubuntu-image cli.

https://github.com/CanonicalLtd/ubuntu-image/pull/74

CI is ongoing, and I'd love it if someone would review/test it in real use
cases.  I have not yet uploaded a snap, but I'm building it in our PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~canonical-foundations/+archive/ubuntu/ubuntu-image/+packages

ogra, please give this a whirl once it's built and see if it solves your use
case (and of course doesn't regress for real devices).  If it looks good, I'll
spin an 0.8ubuntu1 release, although I suppose I'll have to SRU it into
Yakkety (yay!) and Xenial, with a release to Z once that archive opens.

0.8ubuntu1 will also contain a fix for LP: #1632134 identified by mvo, which
caused /etc to not be copied to the rootfs, and a few other minor fixes.

Cheers,
-Barry