Bootloader binary locations using ubuntu-image

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 14 10:29:47 UTC 2016

Am Donnerstag, den 13.10.2016, 13:41 -0300 schrieb Gustavo Niemeyer:

> So ubuntu-image is still not respecting the offset statement?

it does, but it also requires a partition wrapped around each blob and
the partitions currently only operate in 512 byte steps... so you can
not make a byte exact offset currently and it moves the number of the
boot partition by the factor of the amount of binary blobs that sit at
the start of the disk (which is a prob since uboot needs to hardcode
that number for finding the environment).

we either need a way to have unpartitioned space for binary bootloader
blobs (then the 512 byte limit would also not hurt), or we need to
allow byte exact partitions (with the mentioned uboot drawback ... i.e.
you need an additional patch). either of the two will solve the issue.

ciao
	oli