gadget snap and auto-connect of slot/plug interfaces

Joe Coates jcoates at extremenetworks.com
Tue Sep 13 18:16:33 UTC 2016

I'd like to allow auto-connect of additional slot/plug interfaces (beyond the default list) for particular devices (network switches).   I came across a previous thread which addressed this (partial quote below).   Is the ability to alter the interface auto-connect list a current or planned feature of the gadget snap?   I can't find a description of how to use it or an example in sample gadget snaps.

Thanks,
Joe

>On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 2:25 PM, Mark Shuttleworth <mark at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>In the context of a snap running on Ubuntu Core, the all-snap version of Ubuntu,
>the gadget snap (which defines behaviors specific to that particular device)
>would describe additional auto-connection rules.So in your case, a switch
>that had certified your OpenSwitch NOSwould specify that, when installed,
>OpenSwitch plugs and slots be connected appropriately.
>Think if it as that "the user OR the device manufacturer can take this decision"
>and the gadget snap is how the device manufacturer would do so.
>Would that be useful?
>Mark

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachments to it may contain confidential and proprietary material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this transmittal is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this transmittal in error, please notify the sender and destroy this e-mail and any attachments and all copies, whether electronic or printed.