Console-conf and ip address

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 23 17:33:45 UTC 2016

hi,
On Sa, 2016-09-24 at 01:28 +0800, Shuduo Sang wrote:
I use to use "nmap -sn 192.168.0.1/24" to find the IP address of my
> Pi box since it always change with my router after reflash new image.

this is sadly one of the drawbacks of the new netplan tool ...
it sends the machine ID alongside with the MAC address to the dhcp
server when obtaining the IP for the first time ... since on a freshly
flashed board this ID is newly generated it kind of forcefully changes
the IP with every re-flash.

ciao
	oli