Snap factory reset ?

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 27 15:58:12 UTC 2016

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 27.09.2016, 20:33 +0500 schrieb Omer Akram:
> Hi!
>
> Is there an equivalent of `Factory reset` on Ubuntu Core ? Probably a
> command that would clean the writable part of the image.

nope, there is not and unlike with the system-image images you can not
"just wipe writable" to get back to a virgin state.

it would have to be a very selective script that decides which bits can
stay and which bits can go since "writable" also holds the readonly
snaps and their assertion based initial setup in the all-snaps images.

alternatively to such a script we would have to have a partition that
holds the original snaps and assertions so writable could be formatted
blank and "snap prepare-image" could be re-run on the empty partition
to put the initial configuration back in place (along with the original
snaps)

i think the latter was the long term plan but i dont think anything has
happened in that area yet.

ciao
	oi