Snapcraft 2.19 has been released

Sergio Schvezov sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Wed Oct 5 21:41:03 UTC 2016

Hello snapcrafters!

We are pleased to announce the release of version `2.19` of snapcraft
has been tagged:
https://launchpad.net/snapcraft/+milestone/2.19

Here's the list of features:

- The `catkin` plugin now support `kinetic`.
- The `nodejs` plugin can now make use of `run` commands.
- Build signing has now been implemented with a top-level `sign-build`
command
- Support for gating and validating snaps has been added through the
`gated` and `validate` commands.

The latter make use of all the assertions work that has been worked on
on the `snapd`, `snapcraft` and store side (at the time of this writing
the functionality might not be available on production servers just yet).
As usual there are a handful of bugs fixed in the release which can be
referred to on the milestone page.

This release has seen many contributions from outside of the snapcraft
core team, so we want to give a shout out to these folks, here's a team
thank you for:

- Celso Providelo
- Chris Halse Rogers
- Roberto Alsina

To get the source for this release check it out at
https://github.com/ubuntu-core/snapcraft/releases/tag/2.19

A great place to collaborate and discuss features, bugs and ideas on
snapcraft is snapcraft at lists.snapcraft.io mailing list or directly in
the #snappy channel on irc.freenode.net.

To file bugs, please go to https://bugs.launchpad.net/snapcraft/+filebug.

Happy snapcrafting!
-- Sergio and the team