ntopng strict snap published

Blake Rouse blake.rouse at canonical.com
Thu Aug 4 15:40:06 UTC 2016

I have created a ntopng snap for the dev branch of ntopng. The snap works
in strict mode once you connect it to the network-control interface. I
currently registered the snap as ntopng-blake as ntopng is a reserved name.
Let me know what you think.

sudo snap install ntopng-blake
sudo snap connect ntopng-blake:network-control ubuntu-core:network-control
sudo systemctl restart snap.ntopng-blake.ntopng.service

Login - http://localhost:3000
User - admin
Pass - admin

A couple things that would improve this snap are:

1. I need the ntopng service to start after the redis service. Currently in
the ntopng service it loops until it can connect to redis and then spawns
the ntopng process. It would be nice to say in snapcraft start this service
after this other service has started.

2. Since network-control interface is a reserved interface you have to
manually restart the service once the connection is made. It would be nice
to say in snapcraft that this service should be restarted once the
connection is made. Even better would be don't start this service until
this connection is made.

Overall this is an awesome way of getting ntopng running on your system,
directly from tip of dev.

ntopng - https://github.com/ntop/ntopng
ntopng-snap - https://github.com/blakerouse/ntopng-snap

Thanks,