Connecting snap interfaces

Zygmunt Krynicki zygmunt.krynicki at canonical.com
Mon Aug 8 14:20:41 UTC 2016

> El 8 ago 2016, a las 16:09, Christopher Arges <chris.j.arges at canonical.com> escribió:
>
> I'm snapping up a daemon and client program that requires several
> non-auto-connect interfaces.
>
> Right now for a user to install and run the program(s) correctly requires:
>
> snap install daemon-program_1_amd64.snap
> snap connect daemon-programd:hardware-observe ubuntu-core:hardware-observe
> snap connect daemon-programd:system-observe ubuntu-core:system-observe
> snap connect daemon-program:hardware-observe ubuntu-core:hardware-observe
> snap connect daemon-program:system-observe ubuntu-core:system-observe
> sudo systemctl restart snap.daemon-program.daemon-programd
>
> How can I make my snap auto-connect these special interfaces?

This will be available to device makers through the gadget snap and device model assertions AFAIK. I suspect we may also allow this later on when more assertions are in place.

For now I don’t know of any other way but you can track the development of ubuntu-image and the gadget snap (I don’t have any links handy but I bet the folks hacking on this will reply with more details).

Best regards
ZK