ntopng strict snap published

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 12 12:04:34 UTC 2016

On 09/08/16 18:19, Manik Taneja wrote:

> will this allow them to claim the reserved name?

We can allocate a name to a publisher very easily, just need the
authoritative upstream to ask on this mailing list.

In this case we should probably use the new 'collaborators' feature in
the store, which lets multiple accounts (the 'collaborators') push a
snap on behalf of the actual publisher. That way the community person
who leads the setup of the snap and the CI with Travis and Github
integration can shepherd things along until folks upstream have the hang
of it. Then we could remove the snapcrafter from the collaborators list,
which means the upstream publisher has exclusive ability to release new
revisions, once they have a good upstream process for daily builds
(edge) and betas and the actual candidate/stable releases too.

Mark