Putting git inside a snap

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 16 23:45:18 UTC 2016

hi,
On Di, 2016-08-16 at 22:08 +0000, Marco Ceppi wrote:
> Hello, I've spent the better part of my day hitting my head too hard
> against a wall. Figured I'd ask the list for more assistance.
>
> tl;dr: git doesn't work when included inside my snap and it's really
> messing me up.

depending on how flexible a binary is you can try using wrappers any
play with these ...

https://git-scm.com/book/tr/v2/Git-Internals-Environment-Variables

i would suspect git to be actually very flexible in that regard, given
that devs most likely try out different versions installed in parallel

;)

ciao
	oli