custom lxd bridges inside a snap

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 17 15:45:04 UTC 2016

On 17/08/16 09:53, Jamie Strandboge wrote:
> The snap connect is needed for privileged interfaces like
> network-control. It
> would be unfortunate for a tic tac toe game to, upon install, reconfigure your
> networking stack behind the scenes without the user knowing. Future assertions
> work will allow these sorts of privileged interfaces to be auto-connected and
> AIUI gadget snap developers will also have a voice in auto-connect.

I think the way Jamie phrased this is misleading.

Our intent is that specific auto-connections can be approved in advance.
That capability does not yet exist, but will soon. What Adam is asking
for is a perfectly reasonable thing and our intent is to make that work
the way he wants.

So Adam, don't worry about this, go ahead (but document the connect
command required while it is still needed).

Mark