ANN: snapcraft 2.14 has been released

Leo Arias leo.arias at canonical.com
Tue Aug 23 01:49:52 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-17 20:20, Sergio Schvezov wrote:
> Rust is contributed by the community, I have no example but know elopio
> ran a project with it.

Yes, I was playing with cargo. It was simple and I got a snap that
worked in dev mode, but then I started wondering about using this snap
to build the future rust snaps, I fell into the rabbit hole and didn't
finish testing it :)

As soon as I have some free time again I'll contribute it to the playpen.

Your question about examples is interesting. We have been talking about
modifying our demos to be more useful, instead of the random sample that
we currently have in there. One option is to make a hello world for
every plugin, but then that's not a real world example so it also has
limited use; and that's more or less what we have in our integration
suite [1]. On the other hand, if we take a real world project as an
example, it could get too complex to be useful for users getting
started. And there's the playpen which also serves as a showcase. So,
opinions and branches are welcome.

[1]
https://github.com/snapcore/snapcraft/tree/master/integration_tests/snaps/simple-rust