Does anyone know how to build snap for ARM architecture?

Simon Fels simon.fels at canonical.com
Wed Aug 24 05:44:40 UTC 2016

On 24.08.2016 07:34, XiaoGuo Liu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just now successfully used launchpad.net <http://launchpad.net> to
> build snaps for ARM architecture. However, the precondition is that it
> works on my desktop well. I am thinking whether there is an alternative
> way to compile snaps for armhf in view of the fact that raspberry is now
> supporting the architecture. I used to come with a docker solution to it
> for 15.04. Now docker snap is not there any more. Can anyone tell me how
> to build for armhf snaps?

I've installed Ubuntu Server for that purpose on one of my pi2 machines
and doing all builds there. The classic snap from the store (not sure
how far that is, but installing with snap install --devmode --edge
classic should work) would be another possible way to build on an arm
device as it gives you a full apt-get'able system on an all-snap one.

regards,
Simon