Interface connection and hooks

Alberto Mardegan alberto.mardegan at canonical.com
Thu Dec 1 11:29:00 UTC 2016

Hi all!
  I've got a few questions about the upcoming interface hooks, to make
sure that everything is ready in my project (Unity8's Online Accounts)
to migrate our "click hooks" into the interface hooks.

So, what follows is my understanding of the situation, and some
questions; please comment if I got something wrong. :-)

As I understand it, interface hooks will be run when the interface gets
connected. Does this mean that for auto-connect interfaces, interface
hooks will effectively be run at install time?

I've read that hooks are run with the same confinement as the rest of
the commands included in the snap; but what about the environment? Will
the XDG_* variables be properly set?

Will the hook be run as the UNIX user who connected the interface? And
if the interface is autoconnected, will the hook be run multiple times
under each different user?

I guess that's enough questions for now :-)

Ciao,
  Alberto