sha3-384 mismatch

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Mon Dec 5 12:57:10 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 5:23 AM, Didier Roche <didrocks at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Le 03/12/2016 à 16:01, Gustavo Niemeyer a écrit :
>
> Hi Xavier,
>
> There's definitely a problem interrupting the connection with the server.
> The fact it works sometimes means it's inconsistent.
>
> Can you please try to download such files several times out of snap and
> snapd, to see what the error is?
>
> Per my note above, we had a bug in snapd which prevents the real error
> from being shown. We're always showing the digest mismatch instead, which
> will of course happen if the download is interrupted before its end.
>

> As written on the bug report + some part feedback emails you received some
> weeks earlier, it seems you ignored one part of the issue. Yes, it seems
> the network is failing. However, snapd consistenly fails in my case for
> downloading, while other tools, like wget and curl can download bigger
> files, many times, without ever getting one failure. They are more robust
> in difficult network situations it seems.

Neither this thread nor the bug report mentioned that wget/curl worked
consistently across several tries.

Is it the case?  Did you ever get a failure with them?  Are they retrying
while they work? Do you have a verbose dumb of the process?

So either the store connection side is fragile or snapd isn't robust enough
> while other tools cope with those conditions just fine (without any
> warning/debug message telling that they are retrying).

Yes, something is wrong. :)

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net