sha3-384 mismatch

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Mon Dec 5 14:38:04 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 12:23 PM, Didier Roche <didrocks at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> I did though write on the bug: "contrary to curl or wget which both
> supports large downloads."
> The feedback thread mentioned as well "while same assets can be
> successfully downloaded via curl or wget".

I thought that was really obvious that they worked consistently and that I
> did rerun then multiple times or I wouldn't have opened the bug report +
> write this feedback. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough, let's move on :)

If you file a bug and a developer asks for specific information that wasn't
provided, it means the specific information is not obvious.

Is it the case?  Did you ever get a failure with them?  Are they retrying
> while they work? Do you have a verbose dumb of the process?
>
> Yes, as mentioned. I never got any failure with any of them and I did
> retry multiple times in loop when I saw the snapd failures.
> wget is in verbose mode by default and I never got any hint that it was
> retrying (just getting the normal download output).
>
> I did just try a verbose download in curl (here, an ubuntu 300M image).
> Here is the output: http://paste.ubuntu.com/23583568/. It seems that curl
> doesn't complain of any reconnect.

You are downloading an image from an arbitrary server on the internet
unrelated to the problem we're trying to debug.

Can you please attempt these several curl downloads while using the exact
same URL that failed for snapd?

Thanks for helping out, Didier.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net