Tutorial: How to make use of QEMU to build armhf/arm64 snap on Ubuntu desktop 16.04

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 6 09:39:31 UTC 2016

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 06.12.2016, 15:31 +0800 schrieb XiaoGuo Liu:

> Hi,
>
> Today, I made a tutorial on how to compile a armhf/arm64 snap on
> Ubuntu Destkop 16.04 desktop. It could be useful to those people who
> do not have a ARM board with you. The tutorial can be found at:
>
> http://blog.csdn.net/ubuntutouch/article/details/53482262

you can easily replace point 2 with:

wget a tarball from http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-base/xenial/daily/
current/ ... even downloading through a slow connection and untarring
will likely be a lot faster than running your own debootstrap from
scratch. the tarballs will also have the very recent updates installed
from xenial-updates and xenial-security and are specifically designed
as clean build chroots.

note that you need to copy /etc/resolv.conf from the host to have
working networking inside the chroot...

ciao
	oli