Use of the dump plugin in snapcraft 2.22.1

Jenny Murphy jenny.murphy at episensor.com
Thu Dec 8 10:14:26 UTC 2016

Hi,
I have been trying to upgrade a snapcraft file I had which used the copy
plugin with snapcraft 1.1.0. My newer version of snapcraft 2.22.1.
I am aware that the copy plugin is now deprecated and I should use the dump
plugin.
I could actually like to copy the contents of a directory :
So previously I had :
 move-webapp:
        plugin: copy
        files:
            webapp: webapp  # Moved everything in ./webapp to stage/webapp

I haven't found too many examples of using the dump plugin to do the same
job.
The Examples link is broken here.
http://snapcraft.io/docs/reference/plugins/dump

I also wondered if I would be affected by the following Confirmed bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/snapcraft/+bug/1612881

Thanks,
Jenny
--
*Jenny Murphy*
*EpiSensor, Georges Quay House, Georges Quay, Limerick, Ireland*