How to tell snapcraft to not copy and include system libraries?

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 9 10:40:40 UTC 2016

Hey there,

I'm working on a simple demo snap which looks like that

snapcraft.yaml

example/

    sharedlib/

    demoexe

where sharedlib/ is an empty dir where the libraries I use are going to
be provided by content-sharing and demoexe is a binary copied my system

the snapcraft.yaml uses a simple part

"  example:
    plugin: dump
    source: example"

doing that I'm trying to get a minimalistic snap but it seems that
snapcraft is trying to get too clever and looks at what libraries are
used by the binary and copy them over from the system directories...

is there a way to tell snapcraft to not do that? or a workaround I could
use that would and still allow me to build my snap on launchpad (which
means not a manual edit of the prime on redoing that step locally)?

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher