Raspberry Pi: Boot from USB with Ubuntu Core

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Sun Dec 11 16:01:51 UTC 2016

hi,
Am Sonntag, den 11.12.2016, 20:54 +0800 schrieb Penk Chen:
> Hi,
>
> I managed to get my Pi3 booting from USB drive with uEnv.txt file,
> here's the note:
> https://medium.com/@penk/24df33b0fd60
>
> Not sure if there's any impact on the updating, thoughts?

it will not completely fall apart immediately but it will also not
update ...

as soon as an update removes pi2-kernel_24.snap or core_584.snap at
some point (because there are never versions and the old ones got
removed), it will stop booting...

snapd can only handle variables in the uboot.env binary blob that holds
the uboot environment, so your uEnv.txt will stay unchanged on updates.

ciao
	oli