Daemon: dbus examples

Didier Roche didrocks at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 12 07:41:55 UTC 2016

Le 10/12/2016 à 14:29, l-snapcraft at znn.info a écrit :
> Hi Snapcrafter,

Hey lightonflux

> in the documentation about keys in the yaml i saw a mention of "daemon:
> dbus" (1), but i could not find an explanation in the documentation of a
> real world example how it is used on github.
>
> Can someone point me to an example snapcraft.yaml where i can see how it
> is used?
> Or other documentation that gets more into detail.

We do suport similar keywords than systemd units. in that case, service
files which are created by snapd. (man systemd.service for more
information). The dbus type specifies there:
  Behavior of dbus is similar to simple; however, it is expected that
  the daemon acquires a name on the D-Bus bus, as configured by
  BusName=. systemd will proceed with starting follow-up units after
  the D-Bus bus name has been acquired. Service units with this
  option configured implicitly gain dependencies on the dbus.socket
  unit. This type is the default if BusName= is specified.

And this is where i'm surprised, we don't support AFAIK additional names
like BusName or such in snap.yaml, and so, the dbus keyword without
BusName doesn't make any sense. Michael, can you shed some lights here?
Cheers,
Didier