can't log in on ubuntu core console via sso...

Luther Goh Lu Feng elfgoh at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 14 00:35:42 UTC 2016

I am assuming console means the login prompt like this:

Ubuntu Core 16 on 192.168.0.10 (ttyO0)
localhost login:

I do feel that the current secure default works the best. Those who need to set a local password will find a way to do it since it is their requirement for ease of dev, etc

Enabling console login by default, imho, is more insecure, and increases another avenue for breaching the device. Thanks.

-- Luther