can't log in on ubuntu core console via sso...

Michael Hudson-Doyle michael.hudson at canonical.com
Wed Dec 14 18:47:41 UTC 2016

sent from my phone, please excuse brevity

On 15 Dec 2016 01:19, "Oliver Grawert" <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:

hi,
Am Mittwoch, den 14.12.2016, 13:22 +1300 schrieb Michael Hudson-Doyle:
> What version of core do you have? This should be clearer with the
> latest versions, you shouldn't see the login prompt until you set a
> password.

this issue comes up more often on IRC as well..

it is definitely not the case that we suppress the prompt currently
(and i guess it would just move the problem and people would ask why
the console is broken), we only show the "please press enter" message
until an account is created. after this the normal login prompt is
shown.

i think we should show some info text so people are aware that they
need to use the ssh login to create a password first to actually enable
the console based login.

That's exactly what I implemented. Do you not get it with an image built
from the edge channel?

just hiding the login prompt will only cause
more questions in the end.

ciao
        oli
mailman/listinfo/snapcraft