Published snap on candidate channel not found

XiaoGuo Liu xiaoguo.liu at canonical.com
Tue Dec 20 05:58:15 UTC 2016

Hi Luther,

Currently, "snap find" only can find the snaps published on the "stable"
channel. I cannot be use to search for the apps published on other channels.

>From snap version 2.18 on wards, "snap find" with no  parameters will
return the featured snaps:

liu-xiao-guo at localhost:~$ snap find
Name               Version   Developer   Notes  Summary
docker             1.11.2-9  canonical   -      The docker app deployment
mechanism
lxd                2.6.2     canonical   -      LXD - the container
lighervisor
rocketchat-server  0.39.0    rocketchat  -      Group chat server for 100s,
 installed in seconds.
liu-xiao-guo at localhost:~$ snap version
snap    2.20
snapd   2.20
series  16

Hope this answers your question!

Best regards,
XiaoGuo

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 12:25 PM, Luther Goh Lu Feng <elfgoh at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I published a snap after going through the codelabs tutorial,
> hello-luther, in the candidate channel. However I am unable to find the
> snap when I perform a search
>
> $ snap find hello-luther |grep luther
>
> But I did manage to install the snap:
>
> sudo snap install hello-luther --channel=candidate
>

> Question: is the failure to return the search result expected? Thanks.
>

> -- Luther

XiaoGuo, Liu