Error using python3-gi dependency

Sergio Cazzolato sergio.cazzolato at canonical.com
Tue Dec 20 19:00:26 UTC 2016

Hello, I am creating a snap which has a the python3-gi dependency (as it is
shown below)

parts:

  kpi-dbus-tests:
    plugin: nil
    stage-packages:
      - gir1.2-glib-2.0
      - python3-dbus
      - python3-gi

When I run the python script which is using the gi dependency I am getting
some errors when it try to import the dependencies. I took a look and the
dependencies are installed correctly.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/snap/kpi-dbus-tests/x1/dbus_signal_spammer.py", line 25, in
<module>
    from gi.repository import GObject
  File
"/snap/kpi-dbus-tests/x1/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi/importer.py",
line 127, in find_module
    'introspection typelib not found' % namespace)
ImportError: cannot import name GObject, introspection typelib not found

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 890, in _find_spec
AttributeError: 'DynamicImporter' object has no attribute 'find_spec'

Also in classic mode, I manually installed the dependencies and executed
the python script and it works properly.

Any idea about which could be the problem?

Thanks