Source of ssh key for first login

Michael Hudson-Doyle michael.hudson at canonical.com
Wed Dec 21 21:39:28 UTC 2016

On 21 December 2016 at 22:51, Luther Goh Lu Feng <elfgoh at yahoo.com> wrote:

> During setup, console-conf will download the SSH key registered with your
> Store account, The ssh key is used for first login.
>
> Is there a way to configure Ubuntu Core such that the source of the ssh
> key can be from elsewhere? eg for cases whereby the device cant go online
> and can only access a private network. Thanks

If you are the brand for the image you are using (i.e., you make your own
image), you can provide a system-user assertion that will be processed
during first boot to allow you to log in with user and password. The
process for doing this is not documented anywhere that I know about though
:(

Cheers,
mwh