Snapping applications that uses keyring

Sergio Schvezov sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Thu Dec 22 22:13:10 UTC 2016

El 21 dic. 2016 3:16 PM, "Kyle Fazzari" <kyle.fazzari at canonical.com>
escribió:

Hey all.

Has anyone tried to snap an application that uses a keyring to store
passwords? I took a crack at the Nextcloud desktop client yesterday, and
as it stands right now I need to enter my Nextcloud password every time
I start it up as it has nowhere to save it.

I know relatively little about the gnome-keyring-daemon, but I assume it
encrypts its keyring typically with the login password, and is unlocked
by pam as a side effect of logging in. Do we have an interface covering
access to the default keyring? Or do we need to embed
gnome-keyring-daemon inside our snaps?

Not answering your question and instead making you go a different path,
this app feels like a classic confinement candidate.

Cheers
Sergio