Which version of "snappy" support snap.yaml?

XiaoGuo Liu xiaoguo.liu at canonical.com
Tue Jul 26 04:08:40 UTC 2016

as far as I know, snapcraft.yaml is the only one recommended for building a
snap project. snap.yaml is generated during the build of a snap project. It
can be found in the "meta" directory of "prime". package.yaml was used in
the early days of building a snap application. It was used in a form like
"snappy build".

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 10:40 AM, Peng Liu <pengliu.mail at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am confused about the tools to build snap packages.
> There are three different flavors as far I know: package.yaml, snap.yaml,
> and snapcraft.yaml.
>
> The snap.yaml was landed at Jan 2016, and I think snapcraft.yaml is the
> new version (2.x?). Which tool (snappy, snapcraft) and which version should
> I use to build a snap with snap.yaml?
>
> Is there any document explaining that?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Peng