Bind to D-Bus from a snap

Jamie Strandboge jamie at canonical.com
Tue Jul 26 18:27:33 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-07-23 at 00:41 +0000, Tin Tvrtković wrote:
> Hello,
>
> for a few days now I've been trying to build a snap for Terminix. I'm
> pretty much done, except when I actually run it, I get:
>
> Failed to register: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied:
> Connection ":1.194" is not allowed to own the service
> "com.gexperts.Terminix" due to AppArmor policy
>
> Is there something in my snapcraft.yml I should be doing differently?

No. Binding to an arbitrary dbus well-known name is not currently supported in
snapd. However there is a POC PR[1] to start the discussion on how to deal with
this sort of thing that you might be interested in following.

[1]https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/pull/1446

--
Jamie Strandboge             | http://www.canonical.com