mpv snap

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 27 09:54:21 UTC 2016

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 26.07.2016, 19:46 -0600 schrieb Selene Scriven:
> * Jamie Strandboge <jamie at canonical.com> wrote:
> > On classic the interface provides access to the user session's
> > pulseaudio. On an all snaps system (eg, Ubuntu Core) pulseaudio
> > doesn't exist on the system and a pulseaudio snap must be
> > installed. Once installed, the interface is available for other
> > snaps to connect.
>
> Any idea if there are plans to allow ALSA access?  Several things
> don't work (or don't work well) with Pulse running, and I find
> that a few lines in .asoundrc usually make Pulse unnecessary even
> for basic desktop purposes.

well, you dont really need alsa *access* you can ship the libs and
config in your snap (and have full control over your dependencies), what
you need is direct device access for that setup ... that way you can
also have all realtime love you can imagine without the underlying host
system interfering ...

so instead of an alsa interface we should have an audio-device interface
that you can use more flexible...

ciao
	oli