Getting QT apps running.

Dietmar Winkler dietmar.winkler at hit.no
Fri Jul 29 09:19:17 UTC 2016

So I  decided to hack the source of the ipe package in order to get
rid of the path issue possibly causing other problems.

So the updated snapcraft.yaml pulls in "my version" that does not need
a IPEPREFIX any more.
https://github.com/dietmarw/snaps/blob/master/ipe/snapcraft.yaml

But as Timo, I found a couple of other problems. I first tried to only
use the x11 and home plug but then launching ipe  simply does nothing
and sits there until I kill the command. I then tested the unity7 and
home plug. Now I'm getting:

--8<---
$ ipe
ln: failed to create symbolic link
'/home/dietmarw/snap/ipe/x17/.themes/themes': Read-only file system

(process:8847): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
Using the fallback 'C' locale.
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "overlay-scrollbar"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gtk-vector-screenshot"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gail"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "unity-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Qt: Session management error: None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported
[string "require "main""]:1: module 'main' not found:
no field package.preload['main']
no file '/share/ipe/7.2.5/lua/main.lua'
no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.2/main.so'
no file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lua/5.2/main.so'
no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.2/main.so'
no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.2/loadall.so'
no file './main.so'
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'require'
[string "require "main""]:1: in main chunk

---8<----

The main.lua file is actually present

$ tree /snap/ipe/current/share/ipe/7.2.5/lua/
/snap/ipe/current/share/ipe/7.2.5/lua/
├── actions.lua
├── editpath.lua
├── main.lua