Getting pdflatex to work inside a spap packge

Dietmar Winkler dietmar.winkler at dwe.no
Fri Jul 29 15:47:55 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 29 July 2016 at 17:32, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> you could just replace these paths ...

Well then I would to manually change the code in the stage (?) area
which would be not at all an optimal workflow.

> (when does that command run ? at runtime or at install time ?)

It happens when the ipe application triggers pdflatex.

Working example:
After having build and installed the ipe snap from

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dietmarw/snaps/master/ipe/

you can run

ipe.ipetoipe -pdf test.ipe

on https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dietmarw/snaps/master/ipe/test/test.ipe

and should get:
$ ipe.ipetoipe -pdf test.ipe
Document test.ipe has 1 pages (1 views)
pdflatex: /etc/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf: Permission denied
There was an error trying to run Pdflatex.

--
/Dietmar/

Secure email communication:
https://encrypt.to/dietmar.winkler@dwe.no