snap integration with XFCE

Didier Roche didrocks at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 2 07:49:14 UTC 2016

Le 01/11/2016 à 21:18, Eloy García (PC Actual) a écrit :
> Hi Didier, hi all.
>
> I've been trying to accomplish this mission but I miss something (my bet
> is that I need an interface similar to gsettings but it doesn't exist
> something like this).
>
> 1.- I have successfully created a symlink from
> /home/$USER/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml inside the snap
> directory and all the XML files in which the configuration is stored are
> accessible for the application.
>
> 2.- I have defined, as stage package, xfconf, the tool to write
> configurations directly into those XML files.
>
> 3.- But when I execute ' xfconf-query --channel xfce4-desktop --property
> /backdrop/screen0/monitor0/workspace0/last-image --set wallpaper.jpg'
> inside my application, I still receive 'Property
> "/backdrop/screen0/monitor0/workspace0/last-image" does not exist on
> channel "xfce4-desktop". If a new property should be created, use the
> --create option.' and xfce-destop.xml (the XML which has the
> configuration for the background wallpaper) is not modified at all.
>
> Maybe is needed an interface similar to gsettings? If this is the case,
> can I program something like that?

Indeed, you probably need some interfaces similar to gsettings. You ned
first to understand how xfconf works internally (which dbus interfaces,
which files paths it's using and such?)

Then, once this step is done, you can start developping your own
interface in snapd.
http://www.zygoon.pl/2016/08/creating-your-first-snappy-interface.html
is a good introductionary reference for this.

Cheers,
Didier