Project templates in snapcraft

Spencer spencertparkin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 06:37:55 UTC 2016

Small, well commented examples, but not too small so as to leave out obviously wanted functionality, IMO, are way better than templates.  Part of the problem I have with any kind of template is OCD-based.  I don't want to start where someone else left off, and if I didn't write it, I won't immediately understand it, and I'm too lazy to read your code that's formatted in a way I don't like anyway.  (At work, though, I'm forced to wade through other people's crappy code.)

Just having a nice suit of examples is the best, and I think the snap peeps have written some, but as I recall, they could be a bit better.  Of course, an example for every permutation of build system and use-case is too much, so you have to look to the snaps that the community has written.

Ha!  Mine are probably bad examples, though.  Don't look at mine.