configure hook

Kyle Fazzari kyle.fazzari at canonical.com
Tue Nov 8 03:52:00 UTC 2016

On Nov 6, 2016 21:51, "Didier Roche" <didrocks at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Le 06/11/2016 à 00:22, Boris Rybalkin a écrit :
> >
> > Hello,
> >

> Hey Boris,
> >
> > I want to generate my config on snap install using snap location
> > variables.
> >
> > From the docs configure hook is only triggered when 'snap set' is
> > called. Will configure also be called on install and upgrade?
> >
> I didn't try it myself yet, but from what I heard yeah, they will be run
> at that time. Kyle can confirm (and if so, we'll update to the
> documentation to reflect that).

When I wrote it (and the docs) it was only run with `snap set`. I believe
it's been modified since then to run upon initial install as well as
upgrade; indeed Gustavo mentioned that it should serve as an install and an
upgrade hook. The docs weren't updated with this change, it seems. That
recommendation should also be documented.

Kyle