Error on compiling snap using wxPython

Sergio Schvezov sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Tue Nov 8 11:45:58 UTC 2016

El 07/11/16 a las 10:12, Didier Roche escribió:
>> How could I found the PYTHON_PATH from the parts ? I found that's not
>> possible to download wxPython from PyPI so I can't use
>> python-packages either. So I suppose that I need a Makefile, where I
>> can specify the PYTHON_PATH. What do you think ? What can I specify
>> as path ?
>
> Let's see what Sergio tells (if this is supposed to be supported or
> not) as he did rewrite recently the python plugin. If not, you can
> create your own plugin inheriting from the python one, and exporting
> PYTHON_PATH to what you need (there are some examples in the playpen
> for this).

The new plugin does NOT set PYTHONPATH, instead it sets PYTHONHOME and
PYTHONUSERBASE. It has been specifically made to work with pypi and the
latest trendy upstreams. There are ways to use alternate sources than
pypi by just using the standard pip semantics for a required package.

If none of this is good, then you should look into writing your own plugin.

Cheers
Sergio