Help making images to test console-conf changes

Michael Hudson-Doyle michael.hudson at canonical.com
Thu Nov 10 06:22:42 UTC 2016

On 10 November 2016 at 00:50, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> hi,
> Am Mittwoch, den 09.11.2016, 16:07 +1300 schrieb Michael Hudson-Doyle:
> >

> > I tried to test my packages first by fixing up our build of the core
> > snap (https://launchpad.net/~canonical-foundations/+snap/snappy-first
> > -boot) and then using ubuntu-image (version 0.11+real1 / revision 26
> > from the edge channel) and http://people.canonical.com/~vorlon/offici
> > al-models/dragonboard-model.assertion to make a dragonboard image but
> > it didn't boot. Are there any special steps that need to be taken
> > when making a dragonboard image? I'd love to be able to test this
> > stuff more locally than waiting for your scripts to churn out images
>
> do you have any more info ? how does it fail the boot ? what is on the
> serial console ?

Sorry, no (my dragonboard doesn't have working serial). The daily images
worked fine though, so I've made 'proper' subiquity and probert releases
and uploaded to zesty and ppa:snappy-dev/image. I've tested in KVM and on
the dragonboard so testing on other boards would be a good idea before we
promote to beta or stable (what is the schedule for that, out of
curiosity?).

Cheers,
mwh