Shared content example - ubuntu-app-platform

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 19:20:35 UTC 2016

> Although it seems I've some troubles since I can't connect the gallery
> properly:

I suspect there may be a snappy bug or a couple involved, I've run
into similar problems myself. I still need to occasionally run for
example:

sudo /usr/lib/snapd/snap-discard-ns uitk-gallery

after which the behavior changes. Then sometimes after that I have a
crash on startup instead, resolved by removing either of the snaps and
installing again. I'd love someone from the snappy core team to get to
the bottom of this behavior (or maybe they are resolved in the next
release).

Regardless, I have ubuntu-app-platform installed from the store and
uitk-gallery (installed from the linked .snap) running, as indicated
in the attached screenshot^W^Wlinked screenshot here:
http://people.ubuntu.com/~timo-jyrinki/running.png

-Timo