configure hook

Didier Roche didrocks at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 14 08:00:39 UTC 2016

Le 12/11/2016 à 17:45, Boris Rybalkin a écrit :

> Still struggling with hooks, they are not executed on install.
>
> snap$ snap run --hook=configure syncloud-platform
> cannot snap-exec: cannot find hook "configure" in "syncloud-platform"
> and even 'snap run --hook=configure mysnap' silently returns.
>
> I am using:
> Ubuntu 16.04
> snapd 2.16ubuntu3
>
> Does it have hook support?

It's supposed to have some, but IIRC, Kyle found some issues with it.
Definitively, this version doesn't run the hook on install though.

> According to this test they should even fail install if broken:
> https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/blob/203591b28670ef5c4106c8fc43051500bd6c3fda/tests/main/snap-set/task.yaml
>
> As suggested I am copying meta/hooks to prime dir after running
> snapcraft prime  and then running snapcraft snap.
>
> This bug says it is probably not yet available in edge, how do I
> switch channel?
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/snappy/+bug/1636931

As I said in some email above, the easiest path to test it is to use an
ubuntu core VM (until a new snapd release is out for Ubuntu 16.04
desktop, CCing Michael to know when the next snapd hits stable + SRU
published).
Cheers,
Didier