Packaging nodejs apps

Stephen Stewart stephen.stewart at canonical.com
Mon Nov 14 09:55:33 UTC 2016

Hi,

While looking into a nodejs/yarn plugin I wondered if I could make a yarn
snap (not plugin), and simply define nodejs and yarn as parts, use dump
plugin and be done, no plugin required:

"Parts 'yarn' and 'node' have the following file paths in common which have
different contents:"

https://pastebin.canonical.com/170573/

So I am wondering why doesn't this just work?

It seems like name collisions in parts might be a common enough thing, and
I couldn't quite understand the help docs around filesets and organise to
see a nice way to make this work for me across projects.

Many thanks,
Stephen