Is there any guidance/document about how to write App-provided slots

Enwei Zhang enwei.zhang at canonical.com
Mon Nov 14 10:56:12 UTC 2016

Thanks David. Did you forget to add Morphis and Zyga? :)
Loop Simon.
Simon told me here is the latest bluez snap,
https://code.launchpad.net/~snappy-hwe-team/snappy-hwe-snaps/+git/bluez
<https://code.launchpad.net/%7Esnappy-hwe-team/snappy-hwe-snaps/+git/bluez>
Simon told me that bluez snap only declares bluez slot in its
snapcraft.yaml.

IMHO, after the bluez snap declares "bluez" slot in snapcraft.yaml, it will
have *bluezPermanentSlotAppArmor* capability defined in
https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/blob/master/interfaces/
builtin/bluez.go#L28
So it seems to me by defining "bluez" slot, the bluez snap have more
power/permissions to do some privileged work,
*but* it doesn't *provide* anything to other snaps. From my experiment, if
a new snap connects to the bluez slot in bluez snap, the new snap will not
get the extra permissions.

Thanks again.

Br
Enwei
On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 1:34 AM, David Callé <davidc at framli.eu> wrote:

> On 09/11/2016 10:47, Enwei Zhang wrote:
>
> Hello,
> For now, all slots are provided by ubuntu-core. I saw the concept of
> App-provided slots from
> https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/blob/master/interfaces/bui
> ltin/basedeclaration.go#L72
> But I didn't find any guidance/document about how to do that.
> Could you please help advise?
>

> I don't think we have a document for this yet, except the general
> interfaces overview that only mentions it as a possibility (
> http://snapcraft.io/docs/core/interfaces ).
>
> As far as I know, only two snaps are providing their own slots: the core
> snap and bluez.
> If it can help in the meantime, the source code I've found for the bluez
> snap is at: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~bluetooth/bluez/snap-core-rolli
> ng/files

CCing Morphis and Zyga for more information.