Number of snaps in the snap store

James Tait james.tait at canonical.com
Tue Nov 15 17:39:43 UTC 2016

Hi Chris,

On 15 November 2016 at 17:20, Chris <cpollock at embarqmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, 2016-11-15 at 15:57 +0000, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> > On 15/11/16 14:24, Chris wrote:
> > >
> > > Why is it that the Ubuntu Snap Store only lists 100 available snaps
> > > when the 'unofficial' store uApp Explorer lists over 500 snaps
> > > available?
> > I think 'snap find' is rate-limited to top-100 matches for query
> > performance. uApp Explorer is probably scraping a different source,
> > it's
> > roughly accurate for public snaps.
> >
> > Mark
> >
> Sorry Mark, I wasn't clear. I meant here at Snapweb - https://localhost
> :4201/store
>
> I’m not familiar with snapweb internals, but ​I believe the reason is the
same​ - the Store search API by default returns results paginated in groups
of 100. I’m not sure if uAppExplorer is traversing the pagination links or
requesting a very large page size, but it would appear snapweb is doing
neither.

HTH,

JT
​
--
James Tait, BSc. | https://launchpad.net/~jamestait/
Software Engineer, Canonical Online Services