Brainstorming KPIs

Sergio Cazzolato sergio.cazzolato at canonical.com
Thu Nov 17 12:48:26 UTC 2016

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 9:20 AM, Zygmunt Krynicki <
zygmunt.krynicki at canonical.com> wrote:

> > Wiadomość napisana przez Sergio Cazzolato <sergio.cazzolato at canonical.
> com> w dniu 17.11.2016, o godz. 13:17:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > We were working on a set of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) mainly
> focused on the phones, and now we are working defining new ones for all the
> changes that are coming on.
> >
> > The first step was to work within the KPI and QA teams to define a set
> KPIs.
> >
> > Now I would like to hear from you which KPIs you think that would be
> useful to use/reuse for snappy, and which new ones we could include.
> >
> > The KPIs that already exist are:
>
> I think first boot time is interesting (though harder to measure perhaps).

Agree, but it should be possible since we are working on flashing the
boards automatically

> >   . Reboot time
> >   . Web browser metrics
> >      . memory and cpu used scrolling webpages
> >      . droameo metrics executing javascript suite
> >   . App launch time
> >   . Idle cpu time for unity8
> >
> > KPIs already proposed:
> >   . Boot time
> >   . unity8 QML metrics dragging a window when many windows are opened
> >   . Launch time of multiple apps
> >   . UI/Graphics latency
> >   . Network: bandwidth, latency, packet loss, concurrent users
> >   . Snapweb integration
>
> ^ What does this measure?

It depends on the KPI. The boot/reboot ones will measure the time in
seconds from it is started/restarted up to when it is ready to be used.
Then the KPIs are sent to a KPI grafana instance where you can follow it
and detect any regression.