WIP snap for 0ad

Olivier Tilloy olivier.tilloy at canonical.com
Fri Nov 18 14:33:56 UTC 2016

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 2:37 PM, Jamie Strandboge <jamie at canonical.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-11-18 at 13:13 +0100, Olivier Tilloy wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I’ve been working on snapping up 0ad¹ as a side project, and I’m at
>> the point where I’ve got it to run fully confined.
>>
>> I’ve had to modify the generated seccomp profile for this to work
>> though, and I’m not sure where to take it from there. The game uses
>> the following syscalls which are not allowed by default: setpriority
>> and sched_setaffinity. I can get setpriority by adding the
>> process-control plug (which needs manual connection), but it doesn’t
>> appear any sensible interface exposes sched_setaffinity
>> (docker-support does, but that’s obviously not a solution).
>>
>> What would interface experts suggest? Would it make sense to add
>> sched_setaffinity to process-control? Or to create a new privileged
>> interface for just that one syscall?
>>

> Fyi, there is a bug for setpriority. It looks like sched_setaffinity would be
> fine for process-control and I just prepared a PR for it. It looks like it works
> much like setpriority and so we'll be able to add it to the default template
> soon for certain invocations (I suspect you'll be able to drop proces-control
> then).
>
> In the future you can also simply file a bug and add the 'snapd-interface' tag.
> Thanks for bringing this up!

Thanks Jamie for your prompt answer.
I subscribed to the bug for setpriority
(https://launchpad.net/bugs/1641758) and I’ll be watching the PR
(https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/pull/2301).
Assuming it gets merged soon (looks trivial enough), when can I expect
it to be released in a new version of snapd? Would that be 2.18 ?
I’m unable to find up-to-date info on future releases of snapd (either
at https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/releases or at
https://launchpad.net/snappy/+series).

Cheers,

 Olivier