Problem to connect to ubuntu-app-platform:platform

Jamie Strandboge jamie at canonical.com
Tue Nov 22 18:16:47 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-11-22 at 15:06 -0300, Sergio Cazzolato wrote:
> Hello, I am having troubles to launch my snap due to a missing connection
> to ubuntu-app-platform:platform. No matter if I run "snap connect" always I
> get the same message telling that I need to connect the app with
> ubuntu-app-platform:platform.
>
> I am running this in yakkety. Any idea about this issue?

I ran into this while testing the kde-framework-5 content snap with a KDE snap
today. For me, what was happening is that if you launch your snap before you
connect, then the shared mount namespace is setup without the content mount, so
you need to discard that namespace after you 'snap connect' and start the
application again.

I think if after you snap connect, if you do:

$ sudo /usr/lib/snapd/snap-discard-ns kpi-empty-app
$ kpi-empty-app

It will work (it would also work after reboot). Obviously, this is a bug but I'm
not sure there is one filed. I think Zygmunt (in CC) is aware of the issue.
Zygmunt, can you comment?