Snaps to invoke external processes

Spencer spencertparkin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 23:31:46 UTC 2016

Unless dependencies such as snapd-xdg-open can be named in the yaml, I could show a dialog telling the user that they may need to install it.  Naming dependencies of snaps, however, as I understand it, defeats the purpose of snaps as they're supposed to bake all the dependencies into themselves.

The only other process I would want to invoke is another instance of my own snap, but that sounds like something a virus would want to do too.