Wifi setup problem on Bubblegum 96board ubuntu core snappy

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 28 14:11:20 UTC 2016

hi,
On Mo, 2016-11-28 at 21:19 +0800, Zechao Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on Bubblegum 96board platform to support ubuntu snappy
> core.
> Everything is ok, and usb2eth is works well.
>
> But Wifi can not work, because snappy core use READ-ONLY file system,
> i cannot edit the file
> /etc/network/interfaces. (wifi device driver is modprobed, and wlan0
> is displayed. )
>
> And the READ-ONLY file system is generated by ubuntu-image tool, it's
> a black box to us.
>
> So, could someone give me some advice how to fix the problem.

the wifi setup should be done by the first boot configuration tool, if
you connect a serial tty or display on first boot you should see a
"please press enter" message after the boot messages, if you press
enter there you get walked though the initial system configuration
which also sets up the necessary wifi bits ... note that finishing this
wizard is essential since it also sets up the ssh keys for logging in.

if you have wifi problems after using this tool (which uses netplan in
the backend, as jian said), please file bugs against [1]. the
/etc/network/interfaces file is deprecated and netplan config should
not be done manually either.

ciao
	oli

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/subiquity/+filebug